Duration: May 8 to August 4, 2006
Comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, the Region of Peel is a
dynamic blend of urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of
Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of
municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents and a thriving business
If you are a forward-thinking student from a Health Sciences program
seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive
organization that values a supportive and respectful environment,
teamwork, effective communication, integrity, and quality service,
consider this attractive student opportunity.
As a team member of the Environmental Health Division--Support
Programs, working with Health Promotion Officers and Research and
Policy Analysts, you will be responsible for researching and gathering
information on air quality issues, developing and implementing surveys,
developing communication material, and communication strategies.
- Enrollment in a coop education Applied Health Science program, level 3 or 4 year
- Sound knowledge of components of health promotion, research, and environmental health
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Developed organization skills
- Ability to work as both a team player and independently, with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills in MS Office
Standard work hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
The hourly rate of pay is $15.49 + 4% vacation pay. The work term may
be extended. The work location will be 44 Peel Centre Drive,
Application deadline is Friday, April 28,
2006. Please forward applications to Andrea Chiefari via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all
responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be