Internal/External Job Posting
The Lifestyle Enrichment for Senior Adults (LESA) Coordinator is responsible and accountable for the overall
coordination and administration of the LESA Program and conducts and/or
facilitates the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of
programs and activities aimed at seniors with addictions in Ottawa.
- Bachelors level degree in health or social sciences or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience, including program coordination.
- Minimum of three years experience working with seniors, including seniors with addictions.
- Experience as a mental health counsellor.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to take a participative approach to decision-making.
- Sound judgement and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular, basic email and MS Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Experience working in a community-based health or social service agency.
- Ability to communicate in French.
Start date: July 4, 2006
Salary range: $27.842/hour to $33.544/hour
How to "express an interest" for this opportunity
Write a letter of interest (up to two word-processed pages) telling us
why you would like to become the LESA Coordinator with CCHC and how you
meet the requirements of this position (as identified above).
Submit your letter along with your résumé on or before May 26, 2006,
Centretown Community Health Centre
Ottawa, ON K2P 2N6
Fax: (613) 233-3987
The job description is available from reception
weekdays 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. We regret only candidates invited
for an interview will be contacted. CCHC is an equal opportunity
employer and values diversity in its workforce.
Building healthier communities...together