Blue Mountain Resort, September 21-24, 2006
Funding has enabled us to extend the early bird registration deadline
until June 15th. The regular registration deadline has also been
extended. Spaces however are limited to ensure a quality experience so
don't delay if you want to ensure your spot.
The draft schedule for the course has been posted, as have an updated
brochure and a sponsorship and exhibitor application form. This
course is applicable to those who promote physical activity at the
municipal, provincial or federal level; as a staffer of an NGO or a
member of the Coalition for Active Living; or, as an educator, urban
planner or recreation professional.
If you need to access the most up to date physical activity research,
public health data and scientific information; communicate the benefits
of physical activity; understand and use social marketing for physical activity programming;
develop and implement community partnerships and community level
interventions; learn from best practices and understand what works in
individual, policy and environmental physical activity interventions;
and measure physical activity and programming success, then this is the
one course you will not want to miss! This is a unique opportunity to
learn from and interact with both national and international
experts, and your peers, in a weekend filled with of lectures, small
group discussions and networking opportunities.
Course fees include
- all lectures, plenary discussion sessions, networking opportunities;
- unique access to faculty for the entire weekend;
- networking with peers from around the country;
- pre-course reading in seminal articles, slides and course materials;
- all meals and refreshment breaks;
- shuttle transportation to and from Toronto Pearson International Airport; and
- conference rates for hotel accommodation and airfare.
For all the latest updates, check out http://www.cflri.ca/cflri/new/paph_info.html.