Closing date: July 17, 2006
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Toronto preferred. Travel throughout Ontario is required.
Part-time contract (3 days a week) until March 31, 2007, with possibility of renewal
The Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC) is Ontario's longest
standing prevention and health promotion organization, providing
information, education, consultation and networking services in French
and English province-wide.
The Health Promotion Resource Centre (HPRC) is a key program of OPC
that works to strengthen health promotion. We help individuals, groups
and communities develop and implement health promotion initiatives.
HPRC seeks a part-time Bilingual Health Promotion Consultant. The
position requires sound knowledge of the theories and practices of
health promotion and community development, and of Ontario's
Francophone communities. The successful applicant will: provide
clients/stakeholders with consultation, training, information and
access to resources; participate in production of electronic bulletins,
articles, resources; and work collaboratively with the HPRC team.
Provide consultations and training across the province of Ontario to
support and assist diverse audiences in the development and
implementation of health promotion initiatives and strategies
- Research and develop presentations, resources, proposals, electronic bulletins and related materials
Establish and maintain partnerships and initiatives with various local,
provincial and national organizations and health promotion professionals
- Monitor health promotion trends and issues
- Participate in organizational and administrative duties as required
A Master's degree in health promotion or related field and a minimum of
three years' related experience, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Comprehensive understanding of, and demonstrated experience in health promotion and the determinants of health
- Good knowledge of Ontario's Francophone populations and social issues
- Demonstrated facilitation and training skills
- Demonstrated program planning, project management and evaluation experience
- Ability to assess and respond effectively to client needs
- Ability to work independently and as an integral team member
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and strategic skills
- Commitment to principles of diversity, inclusion and non-discrimination
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to
Manager, Health Promotion Resource Centre
c/o Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Fax: (416) 408-2122
For more information, visit http://www.opc.on.ca.
OPC is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.