Two positions available on a part-time contract basis from date of hire until December 22, 2006.
Together with the Halton Community, the Health Department works to achieve the best possible health for all.
Post-secondary college diploma in Recreation, Child and Youth Worker,
Volunteer Management, Community Development or Degree in Education,
Health Sciences or other related discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of two years experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge or experience
in tobacco control, youth engagement, youth empowerment and community
- Demonstrated experience in program planning, public speaking, event
planning and group facilitation is essential. Candidate must possess
strong organizational skills and a proven ability to work independently
and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Proven research, problem solving, and analytical skills are required.
- Experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers and community partners is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong computer skills are required. An equivalent combination
of education and related work experience will be considered.
- Must posses a valid driver's license and supply own transportation.
- Work outside normal business hours including evening and weekend work will be required.
View the full posting and submission guidelines at http://www.halton.ca/about/jobs/.
Deadline August 4, 2006