This two and a half day workshop provides practitioners with an
understanding of the theory and practice of injury prevention and
control including the tools needed to develop and implement effective
programs. Topics covered will include
- The epidemiology of injury
- The principles of injury control
- The basic injury data systems
- Applied research and planning methodology
- Program development, implementation, and evaluation
This curriculum is meant for adult learners who conduct research
activities or develop, implement or evaluate programs aimed at reducing
the frequency and severity of both intentional and unintentional injury.
- CIPCC Toronto, September 20-22, 2006
- CIPCC Thunder Bay, September 27-29, 2006
- CIPCC London, October 25-26, 2006
- CIPCC Ottawa, November 21-23, 2006
Cost: $200, includes all course materials, meals and refreshments on
each day. Course fees may be provided for public health injury
prevention practitioners interested in taking the course. Please
contact us for details. Space is limited to 20 participants so register
early. Payment is required at time of registration. No refunds will be
granted within the two weeks prior to the workshop date.
To register and for more information, visit http://www.smartrisk.ca under "Practitioners."