South Riverdale Community Health Centre is hiring a part-time Chinese
Speaking Community Outreach Worker for a two-year contract position to
outreach and deliver Chinese health services and programs to the
- Undertake outreach programs for the Chinese speaking community of Riverdale.
- Participate in the delivery, planning and development of Health Centre's programs/ services.
- Coordinate health educational groups and programs for the community.
- Act as an advocate for Chinese community by providing assistance
in accessing health, social service, legal and other related agencies
- Produce and/or translate health education materials as required.
- A degree from a recognized university in health, social science, adult education, or a combination of diplomas and experience.
- Three years of health promotion/ education experience working experience in a community based / health organization.
- Experience and knowledge of health promotion and health
education, community development, program planning and group
- Experience and knowledge of Chinese culture, health systems and resources.
- Ability to write Chinese and speak Cantonese and Mandarin.
Deadline: August 25, 2006
Please send resumes to
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, Ontario M4M 3P3
Attention: Hiring Committee
No phone calls, emails please.