Position: Research Assistant
Location: Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre.
Education: Graduate degree in a social science or
health-related discipline such as: Psychology, Sociology, Social Work,
Duration: 8 mos - 12 mos
Status: Temporary Part-time Contract, approx. 1.5 days per week
A part-time research assistant position is available for a qualitative
study about relationship factors involved in the symptom appraisal
process for breast cancer. Main Responsibilities
include: Analysis and coding of interview transcripts; literature
searches; assisting with presentations and manuscript preparation;
participation in team meetings; interviewing and recruitment.
- Experience in conducting research projects (particularly qualitative research)
- Knowledge of qualitative analysis software (e.g., N-Vivo)
- Excellent writing, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Experience with recruitment and interviewing
- Background in cancer, illness, and/or women's health preferred
Applications accepted until September 20th.
Please submit your curriculum vitae and a cover letter identifying your
qualifications, experience, and current research interests to:
Dr. Karen Fergus
Psychosocial and Behavioural Research Unit
Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre
790 Bay Street, Suite 950
Toronto, ON M5G 1N8
Applications may be submitted through regular or e-mail. Only those
applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.