Anishnawbe Health Toronto, an accredited Community Health Centre, seeks a Registered Nurse Extended Class who will function as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide appropriate treatment based upon health history, physical examination and diagnosis
- Management and follow-up of client's treatment regimen
- Provide counseling, education, advocacy, health promotion, internal referrals and follow-up
- Perform duties within the clinic, at outreach sites, at home visits, during client hospitalization and through mobile case management
- Contribute to developing policies, procedures, protocols, medical directives and best care practices
- Develop and mobilize programs for health promotion and disease prevention for high incident pathologies (e.g., tuberculosis, hypertension, diabetes and addictions)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class: RN(EC)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
- Knowledge and appreciation of societal issues and underlying health problems in the Aboriginal community, for example the effects of the post-colonial and residential school experiences
- Computer literacy including skill with word processing, presentations and electronic charting software
- Capacity to collaborate within a multi-disciplinary health team
- Ability to function independently and within the Team, within scope of practice
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture is an asset
- Valid Ontario Driver's License is a requirement
Interested applicants are invited to submit resumes to Jane Harrison, Manager, Health Unit, Anishnawbe Health Toronto, 225 Queen Street East, Toronto Ontario M5A 1S4 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, September 29th, 2006 by 5:00 pm
Anishnawbe Health Toronto offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a commitment to your professional development and a supportive workplace environment.
People With Disabilities Are Encouraged to Apply.
(If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know.)
Meegwetch to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.