The Early Years Team at South Riverdale CHC provides programs for families
with children ages 0-6 years.
The Community Social Worker, as a member of this team
- Develops, deliver and evaluate group programs and presentations
in child development and education, parenting skills training, and
anger and stress management;
- Provides short-term one to one counselling; and
gaps in services, programming needs and resources and
develops, implements and evaluates group programs to address them.
- A B.S.W. or M.S.W. with eligibility for membership in the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- A minimum three years experience working with families of children age 0 to 6
- Excellent group facilitation skills
- Experience with one to one counseling
- Understanding of and experience with community development
- Ability to speak one of the major South Asian languages is an asset
- Knowledge of community services for children and families in the east end is an asset.
Hours include days with the occasional evenings and weekends.
Deadline for applicants is October 6, 2006.
The Hiring Committee
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3