The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is hiring one part-time
Environmental Health Promoter, to work 2.5 days per week.
- Identify community health needs in relationship to the environment.
- Develop and plan environmental programs.
- Work to address children's environmental health and indoor air quality.
- Build individual and community capacity to advocate on their own behalf
- regarding environmental health issues.
- Promote equity concepts and environmental health programs
- Coordinate, implement and oversee health education/promotion programs.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate project plans and budget proposals.
- Post-graduate degree in environmental health, health, social science,
- adult education, or a related discipline, or a combination of undergraduate
- degree and significant experience.
- Excellent communication and group facilitation skills, experience and
- knowledge of health promotion and education, community organizing
- techniques, and program design, implementation and evaluation.
- Three to five years' health promotion/education experience in a community
- based organization particularly in the environmental field.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care
- and resources.
Deadline: November 24, 2006
The Hiring Committee
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON, M4M 3P3