8:00 -10:30 a.m.
Verity, 111d Queen Street East (between Church and Jarvis)
Presented by The Media Foundation, a national not-for-profit
association focused specifically on the helping the voluntary sector
with its communication.
Join us and hear directly from Mark Nusca, Vice President of PR agency
Porter Novelli Canada and a former National Post and Globe & Mail
editor and writer. Learn how you can work better with the media,
including how to
- Improve your media pitching techniques;
- Keep your release and pitch writing simple and concise to ensure your messages are heard and understood;
- Avoid the pitfalls of serving up jargon, overwritten releases and buried leads;
- Deliver an informative interview that is quotable and useful to reporters; and
- Build relationships with your local media.
Plus, you will also have the chance to win a CCN Matthews Media
Directory (The Original Red Book), which lists contact names for all of
Canada's media. To register, contact Maggie at
Cost: $35 (continental breakfast will be provided)