(Formerly HIV/AIDS Train the Trainer)
A free modular workshop facilitated by City of Toronto Public Health Sexual Health Educators in conjunction with Community Members.
Are you a new HIV/AIDS community worker or educator in Toronto? Do you need basic HIV/AIDS information? Are you looking for group and counselling strategies when educating about HIV/AIDS? Do you want to increase your comfort when discussing sex and sexuality? Do you want to explore the challenges of working from an anti-oppression framework? Do you want to incorporate theoretical models of change theory into real life situations?
If you answer yes to any of the above, this workshop is for you!
This HIV/AIDS workshop is divided into 3 full-day modules which run back-to-back. Modules may be taken separately, although past participants suggest taking all 3 modules in order.
- Module 1. HIV/AIDS: The Basics
- Module 2. SEX AND SEXUALITY/ WORKING IN DIVERSITY
- Module 3. PUTTING THEORY INTO PRACTICE
Winter/Spring Workshops dates:
- Module 1 (9:30- 4:30) February 6, April 10, May 8, June 5
- Module 2 (9:30- 4:30) February 7, April 11, May 9, June 6
- Module 3 (9:30- 4:30) February 8, April 12, May 10, June 7
Sessions will be held in downtown Toronto. For registration and more information please contact Dunja Kreznarich at (416) 338-1683 or email@example.com.
[Source: Canadian Harm Reduction Network mailing list, http://www.canadianharmreduction.com]