The conference, "I am Safe--Protecting the Space we call Childhood," is a follow up to two earlier "sold out" events in 2002 and 2005.
In addition to presentations from renowned international experts, hands on learning opportunities, youth engagement, live theatre, video presentations, plenary sessions and practical information we will provide the opportunity for delegates to consider a move towards a holistic, integrated community model of bullying prevention. Significant portions of the program relate to character education and school ethos.
Conference features include
- World renowned speakers
- Eighteen plenary sessions...and then some!
- Lunch provided on day two featuring special guests (to be announced in 2007)
- Evening networking dessert/cocktails program on day one followed by an outstanding program of speakers and artists (to be announced in January)
- Networking opportunities
- Conference print materials
- The voices of youth at the podium
- Theatre, dance and video presentations (three as we go to press)
- Sunday evening complementary wine and appetizers
Conference speakers include Craig Scott, Debra Pepler, Michele Borba, Helen Cowie, Anthony D. Pellegrini, David Wolfe, Hetty van Gurp, Mark Totten, Tina Daniels, Shaheen Shariff, Cathy Wing
The May 2002 conference was called "Fear and Loathing" and it sold out--the reviews were outstanding! The March 2005 conference was called "Beyond Rhetoric" and it sold out--the reviews were outstanding! The April 2007 conference is called "I am Safe" and we are confident that it will sell out--and we will work hard to produce outstanding reviews!
Early bird registration extended to Wednesday January 24th to accommodate school holiday break.
For more information please visit http://iamsafe.ca.