The West End Urban Health Alliance (WEUHA) is a unique integration network with 27 members from health service agencies along the continuum of care in West Toronto. WEUHA facilitates dialogue across sectors, promotes intersectoral coordination, and develops partnerships from health promotion to end-of-life care.
The WEUHA Executive Coordinator will
- Manage the Alliance and provide administrative support to Alliance activities, including website (http://www.weuha.ca), e-portal maintenance and Issue Action Teams (IATs)
- Enhance the organizational capacity of the Alliance through membership and governance development
- Support the Alliance in engaging in activities to maximize the health of the community, with a focus on marginalized people
- Stay abreast of current and emergent issues in the community and bring these to the Alliance for consideration
- Represent the Alliance as appropriate on other networks, workgroups and initiatives, including communication with the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN)
- Plan and implement projects as decided upon by the Governance Board.
This position requires experience in a successful leadership role, a Masters Degree in Health Administration, Health Education, Health Promotion or another related graduate degree or an undergraduate degree with 5 years of relevant professional experience. The successful candidate will have a strong background in working collaboratively and leading multilevel, multi-role alliances.
- Ability to manage complex scope of responsibility
- Experience in community-based sector and network development
- Self directed and flexible; able to work independently and with multiple stakeholders
- Health planning and program/service development experience
- Proposal writing and policy analysis skills
- Facilitation experience
- Website maintenance
Contract: 1 year, part-time, beginning March 2007
Salary: $32,000 (based on.4 FTE)
Location: Candidate will be expected to work from a home office. Travel within the GTA will be required.
Submit e-mail cover letters and resumes by Friday February 16, 2007, to Richard Edwards, WEUHA Co-Chair, [email protected].