Egale Canada, Canada's national organization advancing equality and justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans-identified people and their families across
Canada, is seeking an Executive Director.
The Executive Director is a dynamic, team-oriented individual responsible for managing the overall operations in a small but diverse national advocacy and
educational organization. The successful candidate is a strategic thinker,
eager to work with the board and membership to establish a long-term vision for
Egale Canada. This person will be a strong communicator in charge of developing
and implementing fundraising initiatives, as well as budgeting, project
management, volunteer coordination, and membership development.
The ideal candidate will have
- a proven track record of organizing and implementing a variety of fundraisinginitiatives including grant proposals, project specific initiatives, special events, and corporate and major gift campaigns;
- superior communication skills including experience in delivering presentations and working with the media (including writing media releases, organizing news conferences, and participating in media interviews as well as working with staff, the board and other volunteers to develop media responses) and the ability to write and edit newsletters and other reports;
- experience in office management, including staffing, volunteer recruitment, procurement and budgeting;
- project management skills, including proposal writing, budgeting, oversight of implementation and reporting;
- the ability to inspire and empower staff and volunteers, develop new members, and foster a positive work environment;
- experience working in a not-for-profit or charitable organization at an executive or board level;
- a strong knowledge of LGBT issues and an ability to bring an intersectional understanding of how multiple oppressions can impact internal operations, the organization's work product and external relations;
- ability to work in both French and English and willingness to relocate to the National Capital Region are assets.
Please provide a covering letter, resume and the names of two references by
February 28, 2007, to email@example.com. The Committee will start
considering applications as soon as they are received and may also consider
applications received after the closing date.
For more information on Egale Canada, please visit http://www.egale.ca.
We thank all applicants for their submissions. Only those short-listed for
interview will be contacted.