Note: This position is being offered on a contract/temporary assignment basis from date of hire until March 21, 2008
- University degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or equivalent discipline is required.
- Minimum three years of public relations experience required.
- Advanced skills in writing, editing, strategic communications planning and event co-ordination in a government environment or large organization required.
- Knowledge and skills in health communications, social marketing, research methods, program planning and evaluation and behaviour change theory would be an asset.
- Requires strong strategic thinking, research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to build strategic relationships both within and outside of Halton's Departments and the corporation as a whole.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must have own transportation
View the full job posting at http://www.halton.ca/about/jobs/.