The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is looking for a community dietitian for a short-term contract position. The Centre is a member of the Diabetes Education Community Network of East Toronto [DEC NET]--a partnership with Toronto East General Hospital and East End Community Health Centre.
As a member of DEC NET, the community dietitian will work to produce a cookbook for Chinese speaking individuals with diabetes.
- Research and develop the contents of the Chinese cookbook
- Provide nutritional analysis for all recipes in the cookbook in keeping with the Diabetes Food Guide.
- Focus test the recipes of the cookbook with Chinese diabetic clients
- Work with the printer to design and printing of the cookbook
- Develop and implement a plan to evaluate the cookbook
- Thorough knowledge of, and proficiency in nutrition care and education
- Ability to speak and write Chinese
- Ability to type Chinese
- University Degree in food and nutrition from a recognized university
- Membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and Dietitians of Canada
Deadline: March 21, 2007
The Hiring Committee
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3