The Canadian Health Network (CHN) (http://www.canadian-health-network.ca) is a national, bilingual, website funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada. Women's College Hospital, the Women Affiliate for the CHN, is the CHN's content specialist in the area of women's health.
We are currently seeking a Promotions & Communications Specialist to build and sustain an audience for the Women Affiliate of the CHN. This is a great opportunity to work with a dedicated team of women's health experts to increase access to reliable women's health information.
Location: Toronto, Women's College Hospital.
This full-time contract position (Mon-Fri) goes to March 31, 2008.
The Promotions & Communications Specialist
- Plans, implements and co-evaluates the Women Affiliate marketing and communications activities
- Coordinates the development, execution and tracking of promotional activities (including conferences, events and advertising) related to the Women Affiliate
- Develops women's health articles and other content for the CHN
- Writes, edits, designs, produces and distributes print/web-based documents related to the Women Affiliate
- Scans the internal and external environment to identify promotional opportunities and issues related to women's health
- Works collaboratively with local, provincial and national non-profit organizations, government, other affiliates in the CHN, and Women Affiliate team members
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Strong knowledge of women's health issues and women's health community
- Strong knowledge of health promotion principles, the determinants of health and how they affect women
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent, research, writing and editing skills, for both print and online communications
- Understanding of web based health information services
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Photoshop
- Strong desktop publishing skills
- Experience developing and implementing a marketing and communications strategy
- Ability to collaborate extensively with non-profit organizations, government and other team members
- Excellent attention to detail, and proof reading and editing skills
- Ability to accept and offer feedback and work well independently and as a team player
- Results-oriented individual, able to meet deadlines
- Bilingualism (English and French) strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent in Marketing/Communications and/or Health Promotion
- Recent, related, practical experience developing and implementing communications and marketing plans, ideally in a health care setting
Salary Range: $52,000-$54,000 per annum.
Please send resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 6 at 5:00 p.m. No phone calls please.