Parental Leave Replacement
The Canadian Health Network (CHN) (www.canadian-health-network.ca) is a national, bilingual, non-commercial website funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada. Women's College Hospital, the Women Affiliate for the CHN, is the CHN's content specialist in the area of women's health. We are currently seeking a Project Manager to manage the Canadian Health Network Women Affiliate Project and build and sustain the Project's national network. This is a great opportunity to work with a dedicated team of women's health experts to increase access to reliable women's health information. Location: Toronto, Women's College Hospital
This full-time (Mon-Fri) contract position (parental leave replacement) is available immediately and will go to January 25, 2008.
The Project Manager
- Leads the development and implementation of the Women Affiliate annual strategic planning and workplan, and the evaluation of all elements of the Project
- Completes quarterly and final reports for the CHN, and meets other reporting requirements
- Plans and implements annual and quarterly Project budget
- Identifies, develops and coordinates Women Affiliate guidelines, protocols and policies
- Liaises with the CHN Division regarding policy, procedural and accountability issues related to the Women Affiliate
- Supervises staff on day-to-day operational issues, activities and deliverables related to the Women Affiliate
- Establishes and coordinates Women Affiliate Project Advisory Group (WAPAG) and manages relationships with WAPAG members
- Develops and implements all Women Affiliate networking activities
- Develops relationships and works collaboratively local, provincial and national non-profit organizations, government, other affiliates in the CHN, and Women Affiliate team members
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Strong knowledge of women's health issues and women's health community
- Strong knowledge of health promotion principles, the determinants of health and how they affect women
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent project/program management skills, preferably with national projects
- Experience developing and implementing project/program strategic plans and workplans
- Experience with planning and implementing project/program budgets
- Strong supervision and leadership skills
- Strong networking skills and ability to collaborate well with non-profit organizations, government and other team members
- Understanding of web based health information services
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong proof reading, editing and writing skills
- Ability to accept and offer feedback and work well independently and as a team player
- Results-oriented individual, able to meet deadlines
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingualism (English and French) preferred.
Master's degree or recognized equivalent in Social Sciences, Women's Studies or Health Promotion. Recent, related, practical experience managing a health project/program, ideally related to women and on a national level.
Salary Range: $60,000-$63,000 per annum
Please send resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word to email@example.com by April 6 at 5:00 p.m. No phone calls please. Note that this is a reposting. Project funding has been confirmed for this position.