Full-time - 35 hours/week
Are you a forward-thinking nurse who thrives on new challenges and appreciates working in a progressive environment where innovation, teamwork, effective communication, respect and integrity help guide quality client service? If so, consider this challenging career opportunity in Peel Health's Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Division.
The Injury Prevention program requires a self-directed, motivated individual with strong leadership skills to provide a wide range of public health initiatives to the community in Peel. The individuals work within a multi-disciplinary and collaborative team environment to provide and deliver injury prevention services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide health promotion initiatives and programming to children, parents and seniors through a variety of venues.
- Consult, collaborate and maintain linkages with other health professionals and agencies.
- Participate in the development, planning, implementation and evaluation of health promotion initiatives within injury prevention.
- Develop or enhance current health promotion initiatives through best practices.
Examples of job activities (corresponding to the responsibilities listed above) may include
- Presentations and clinics to children, parents and seniors on injury prevention related topics (e.g. car seat safety, bicycle safety and seniors safety)
- Building and maintaining networks through various community committees.
- Providing health promotion initiatives in conjunction with community partners.
Preference will be given to applicants who possess
- Demonstrated skill in coordinating services for children, parents and seniors within the community.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated skill in the areas of health promotion, community development and project management.
- Ability to persuasively communicate complex health messages and information in everyday language in both spoken and written forms.
- Strong assessment, facilitation, organizational, problem solving, presentation and planning skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- A Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or equivalency as recognized by a Canadian University.
- Knowledge of Peel's diverse community.
- Fluency in other languages (asset).
It should be noted that this position does not typically involve direct delivery of service to children.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- a salary range of $55,705-$66,796
- a comprehensive benefits package
- tuition assistance
- training and development
- advancement opportunities
- a pension plan (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System-OMERS)
- a healthy workplace
- a family orientated environment
- a voice in the development of corporate initiatives and much more!
Who we are
The Region of Peel, the area just west of Toronto that includes Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic rural/urban blend of cultures, industries and communities. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of municipal services to over one million residents and a thriving business community.
Please apply on-line to http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs and select Current Listings + Public Health Nurse, Injury Prevention (File# PHN06-18B). You will be invited to complete a questionnaire on your related education and experience. The position is located in Brampton and the posting closes on April 10, 2007.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.