The newly formed Health Equity Council is seeking a Coordinator to provide leadership support in moving the health equity and diversity agenda to the next level.
Reporting to the Transitional Working Group of the Health Equity Council (TWG), the Coordinator will be part of a collaborative, inclusive effort. The successful candidate will work with the team to realize important priorities. This position is located in Toronto.
- Coordinate TWG activities including the official launch event of the Health Equity Council;
- Maintain the website and promote the People's Health Equity and Diversity Charter;
- Coordinate at least 5 community-based workshops on health equity and diversity priorities;
- Identify and catalogue on-going funding possibilities and assist in developing proposals;
- Coordinate and conduct outreach with health equity and diversity partners;
- Compile appropriate documentation and written reports of activities (including financial record-keeping)
- Provide strategic advice on options for moving the health equity agenda forward
The successful candidate will
- Possess a degree in a relevant discipline; or have an equivalent combination of prior work experience and educational background.
- Have a strong equity and anti-oppression analysis and background, preferably with respect to health equity and diversity-related priorities.
- Be highly skilled in the areas of community development, group facilitation, proposal and report writing.
- Have specific project management experience and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be flexible and able to work in a high-paced environment, often with tight deadlines
The Health Equity Council welcomes applications from diverse communities/identities and we thank all applicants in advance. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Note: This is a 3-month contract with the possibility for extension.
Closing Date: 5pm EST, April 5th, 2007
Please forward your application to
Transitional Working Group
c/o Chinese Canadian National Council
Fax (416) 977-1630