Contract duration: approximately one (1) year
The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of rural/urban blend of urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents. Peel Region is the first government in Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Canada Awards for Excellence.
If you are a forward-thinking Public Health Inspector striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider this attractive contract opportunity within the Environmental Health Division in Peel Health.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Environmental Health, you will conduct inspections, investigations, and surveillance of tobacco retailers, public places and workplaces subject to the Smoke-Free Ontario Act. You will also provide accurate and thorough documentation of activities, issue warnings and charges; prepare court case briefs and present evidence in legal proceedings. You will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating educational and promotional programs and activities as they related to smoke-free legislation.
If you possess:
- a university degree in applied science with a major/specialization in public health plus a Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors certification combined with experience as a public health inspector
- knowledge of Health Protection and Promotion Act, Mandatory Programs and Services Guidelines and Protocols, and other applicable legislation/regulations
- excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), presentation, investigative and problem solving skills
- strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities
- ability to work independently
- proficient computer skills, Windows XP, Ms Word, Internet and use of tablet computer in the field
- ability to work as part of a team and with community partners
- a willingness to travel to various Regional locations away from the assigned office and willingness to work some evenings and weekends, we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- a salary range from $53,535-$66,920
- a comprehensive benefit package
- a high tech environment
- training and development
- a healthy workplace
- a family orientated environment and
- a workplace where your feedback is important to us.
To pursue this challenging contract opportunity, please apply online at http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs and click on Current Job Listings and Public Health Inspector, Support Programs (File# 07-97). Preference is given to applicants who apply by April 12, 2007.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.