File # 07-58
Contract duration: approximately one (1) year
The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of rural/urban blend of urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents. Peel Region is the first government in Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Canada Awards for Excellence.
If you are a forward-thinking health professional striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider this attractive contract opportunity within the Family Health Division.
As a Health Promotion Officer in the Child and Reproductive Health Program, you will be responsible for the development of logic models and evaluation plans, data analysis, policy development and campaign work. You will also provide consultation to staff and community members regarding health promotion theories and best practices as well as develop education and health promotion materials to meet program objectives. Your program focus within the Child and Reproductive Health will be Parenting. You will assist with the development, implementation and evaluation of a Discipline media campaign as well as the final evaluation of the Child Obesity campaign. You will play a critical role in planning an evaluation of the Obesity Campaign Health Professional strategy & in developing and maintaining data collection and evaluation materials. Additionally, you will provide recommendations based on the analysis of data and results related to program planning for all initiatives.
If you possess
- a university degree in Health Promotion or related health field combined with 1-3 years related experience in program development, implementation and evaluation
- knowledge of current issues related to Parenting, Breastfeeding and Reproductive Health
- a well developed knowledge of key theoretical models of health education and health promotion
- strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data
- excellent social marketing and public relations skills to effectively promote key program messages
- strong skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- an ability to travel to various regional locations and a willingness to work some evenings and weekends, we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- a salary range from $53,535-$66,920
- a comprehensive benefit package
- a high tech environment
- training and development
- a healthy workplace
- a family orientated environment and
- a workplace where your feedback is important to us.
To pursue this challenging contract opportunity, please apply online http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs and click on Current Job Listings and Health Promotion Officer, Child Health (Public Health) File # 07-58. The position closes on April 15, 2007.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.