2 positions: 1 Full Time, 1 Permanent Part Time (28 hours per week)
- Both positions support the Smoke Free Ontario Strategy Youth Action Alliance Program.
- Degree in Education, Health Sciences or a post-secondary college diploma in Recreation, Child and Youth Worker, Volunteer Management, Community Development or other related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge or experience in tobacco control, youth engagement, youth empowerment and community activism.
- Demonstrated experience in program planning, public speaking, event planning and group facilitation is essential.
- Strong organizational skills and a proven ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Proven research, problem solving, and analytical skills are required. Experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers and community partners is an asset.
- Strong written, verbal communication skills, computer and interpersonal skills are essential.
See the full posting for both positions and submission guidelines, at http://www.halton.ca/about/jobs/.