The OPHA Conference website, http://www.ophaconference.ca, is now live and online abstract submissions are now being accepted. The deadline for abstract submissions is May 7.
Conference Theme: Public Health: Who's at risk? What's at stake?
To provide a forum for profiling the leading developments and topical issues facing people who are active in public and community health throughout Ontario.
Participants will benefit from learning that strengthens their ability to play an active role in promoting a progressive public health agenda in Ontario. The conference will
- Enhance knowledge, enable information sharing and build capacity to assess, manage and communicate risks to the health of the population.
- Examine current issues of organizational change and workforce pressures, reflecting what is at stake as our public health system is reformed.
- Provide extensive opportunities for both structured and informal professional development, networking and group meetings.
The Program Planning Committee invites submissions of abstracts consistent with the Conference Goal and Objectives and the following five Sub-themes:
- Working in a Health System under Reform
- Evidence Based Practice and the Precautionary Principle
- Emerging Issues in Public Health
- Populations at Risk
- Access, Equity and Social Justice