This position is being offered on a contract/temporary assignment basis (17.5 hours per week) from date of hire until December 21, 2007.
- Degree or diploma in Community Development with a focus on human, social or health.
- 5 years experience in a community development role is required.
- Preference will be given to those working with families, youth and seniors in a culturally diverse community.
- Must be comfortable working with communities experiencing mental health and poverty issues.
- Well developed facilitation, mediation, assessment, intervention, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Understanding the needs of families in social housing environments.
- Knowledge of community social resources within Halton Region would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Residential Tenancy Act and Social Housing Reform Act is an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
See the full posting and submission guidelines at http://www.halton.ca/about/jobs/.