11.00 a.m.-5.00 p.m.
Sherbourne Health Centre, 333 Sherbourne Street
Sherbourne Health Centre is excited to present our fourth annual community health fair. This free event will feature a range of stimulating activities:
- Community based researchers engaged in LGBTTQ-related projects will describe their work
- Over 20 services and community groups will be available to chat and share information
- Workshops will profile new and emerging health issues in our communities
- Films and videos in the Screening Room
Presentation Topics include
- Bent on Quitting Smoking? Let's Talk About It....
- Beyond Condoms
- Community Consultation on LGBTQ Refugee and Immigrant Issues: Identifying Gaps and Resources
- Community Development as a Health Service Delivery: Working with Immigrant and Refugee Queer Youth
- Creating More Accessible Spaces with LGBT People Who Have Been Labeled with Intellectual Disabilities
- Dam, This is Fun! A Creative Exploration of the Sexual and Reproductive Health Needs of Women Who Have Sex with Women in their 30s, 40s and 50s
- Gilda's Club of Greater Toronto - A Day's Worth of Gilda's Club
- Intersections: Racism/Heterosexism/Healthcare
- Introduction to the Project: Gateways to Cancer Screening A Participatory Needs Assessment of Women with Mobility Disabilities
- Lets Chat! An Open Discussion for Queer Trans and Non Trans Women
- Man in the Making: Body Image of Transmen
- Opening the Closet on Long Term Care
- Small Pox, Influenza, Alcohol, Now VIOLENCE! How Do We stop the Hurt - Violence in 2 Spirit & Transgender Communities
- The Joy of Gender
- TransFathers 2B: Developing a Health Advocacy Course for Trans Men Considering Parenting
There will be refreshments and lots of free information.
Join us for the Community Reception from 11.00 a.m.-12.00 p.m. for your chance to meet your local queer and trans service providers and have your questions answered about the programs and services available to you.