Health Promotion Clearinghouse
Research Assistant (16 Weeks/Summer)
The Health Promotion Clearinghouse (HPC) is a provincial nonprofit resource system aimed at building capacity and support for health promotion work across Nova Scotia. The Research Assistant will work on tasks to enhance the HPC's information and knowledge exchange infrastructure. This is a full-time 16 week summer position whose main focus will be on: Expanding the HPC's collection of best/promising practice health promotion tools; building on the collection of the HPC's online documentation; and updating and expanding HPC's resource lists. The Research Assistant will report directly to the HPC Manager.
- Researching up-to-date information on various health promotion topics. This includes library and internet searches, as well as consulting with key informants.
- Compiling a list of additional resources to include on the HPC website, library database, and resource lists.
- Reviewing and updating the HPC's 15 resource lists.
- Conducting searches toward the development of new resource lists.
- Gathering the recommended resources (electronic and/or hard copy).
- Miscellaneous research assistance duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed undergraduate degree in a health-related or social science discipline and demonstrated research experience.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Word, Outlook, Internet, Library Search Engines)
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of population health and health promotion principles
- Familiarity with key health promotion information sources (e.g. websites, organizations, etc.).
- Ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of French/bilingualism an asset
The HPC Network Project will be housed at the Health Promotion Clearinghouse, City Centre Atlantic, Dresden Row, Halifax.
Salary: $15/hour (full/time).
Send a cover letter, resumé, and the names of three references who could be contacted to:
For information about the HPC, please visit http://www.hpclearinghouse.ca
Application deadline: All application must be received by 4:00pm on April 30, 2007.
Please note that only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.