The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of rural/urban blend of urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents. Peel Region is the first government in Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Canada Awards for Excellence.
If you are a forward-thinking health professional striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider this career opportunity at Peel Health within our Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Division.
HEALTH PROMOTION OFFICER - ALCOHOL, DRUGS & ADDICTIONS (Public Health) File #07-130
The Alcohol, Drugs and Addictions team requires a creative, self-starting, and persuasive health promotion specialist with experience and a passion for developing health education campaigns. You will work in a self-directed manner within a collaborative multidisciplinary team environment to design and implement drug and alcohol awareness programs for school and workplaces. Additionally, you will plan, develop, implement, and evaluate health promotion initiatives and recommend program initiatives based on analysis of data and results; provide consultation to staff and community members regarding health promotion theories and best practice as well as develop education and health promotion materials for the community which meet program objectives and community needs.
If you possess
- a university degree in Health Promotion or related health field combined with 1 to 3 years related experience in program development, implementation, evaluation, and project management
- knowledge of and demonstrated expertise in using key theoretical models of health promotion and education
- excellent social marketing and public relations skills to effectively promote healthy lifestyles to target groups
- advanced communication skills to persuasively communicate complex health messages
- familiarity with the Mandatory Program and Services Guidelines in the area of substance abuse
- strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data
- excellent computer skills in MS Office, MS Outlook, proficiency in MS Project, Access, and other program planning and evaluation software
- an ability to travel to various regional locations and a willingness to work some evenings and weekends, we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel, we also offer
- a salary range from $53,535 - $66,920
- pay for performance
- a pension plan and early retiree benefits (OMERS)
- tuition assistance
- a leadership development program
- advancement opportunities
- a healthy workplace
- a family orientated environment and
- a voice in the development of corporate initiatives and much more!
To pursue this attractive opportunity, please apply online www.peelregion.ca/jobs. Click on current listings and go to Health Promotion Officer - Alcohol, Drugs & Addictions (File # 07-130). You will be invited to complete a questionnaire on your related experience and education. The position closes on May 9, 2007.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.