The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of rural/urban blend of urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents. Peel Region is the first government in Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Canada Awards for Excellence.
If you are a forward-thinking individual striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider this career opportunity with Peel Public Health.
COORDINATOR, VOLUNTEER RESOURCES (PUBLIC HEALTH) File #07-147
As a member of the Volunteer Resources team, you will be responsible for coordinating volunteer and student placements. This involves recruiting and selecting volunteers and students for placements; orientating volunteers and students; monitoring and evaluating their contributions; promoting volunteering and student placement opportunities; liaising with Colleges and Universities; delivering presentations to staff and community; summarizing activities and providing statistical reports; evaluating the program; developing and maintaining policies/procedures/practices. You will also plan, develop and coordinate information material for the program.
If you possess:
- a Volunteer Management Certificate or combination of education and relevant experience
- minimum three years experience in volunteer management, community development work or relevant experience
- knowledge of community resources
- excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- well developed written and verbal communication skills
- skilled in building and maintaining successful working relationships with our community partners
- public relations and presentation skills to effectively promote the program
- strong customer service philosophy
- analytical and problem solving skills
- program planning and evaluation skills
- excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- a general understanding of the public health programs and services would be an asset
- an ability to travel to various regional locations and a willingness to work some evenings, we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel, we also offer
- a salary range from $50,470 - $63,087
- pay for performance
- a pension plan and early retiree benefits (OMERS)
- tuition assistance
- advancement opportunities
- a healthy workplace
- a family orientated environment and
- a voice in the development of corporate initiatives and much more!
To pursue this attractive opportunity, please apply online www.peelregion.ca/jobs. Click on current listings and go to Coordinator, Volunteer Resources (Public Health) File #07-147. The position is located in Brampton and it closes on May 9, 2007.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.