The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit needs a Public Health Nutritionist. This is a full-time, permanent status, non-union position starting as soon as possible. This position will be based in either our Smiths Falls Office or our Brockville Office, and will be determined in consultation with the successful candidate. Visit http://www.healthunit.org to learn more about us.
The public health nutritionist provides leadership and expertise in the identification of community nutrition needs and the planning, implementation and evaluation of nutrition activities. The nutritionist provides consultative services to both health unit staff and the community as well as direct services to clients. The incumbent will provide direct nutritional services to clients at Canada Prenatal Nutrition Programs throughout Leeds, Grenville and Lanark. Key responsibilities are in the Health Promotion and Family Health Departments. This position reports to the Director of Health Promotion.
- Baccalaureate degree from a Canadian University with a major course of study in foods and nutrition
- Masters degree in a nutrition related field
- Current membership in the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Knowledge and skill in health promotion and prevention of illness strategies
- Relevant community or public health nutrition experience
- Experience/interest in working with at-risk families
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Independent, flexible and organized
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to work as a member of an interagency team and with other professionals, volunteers and interest groups.
- Own transportation and current driver's licence
- Criminal record check
- Up-to-date immunization including annual influenza
Salary Range: $56,752 to $66,767 Annual 1.0 FTE, Excellent benefits package including four weeks vacation
Apply by: Letter of Application with resume must be received by 4:30 pm on May 18, 2007.
Director, Corporate Services
Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
458 Laurier Boulevard
Brockville, ON K6V 7A3