An Accredited Health Unit Since 1990
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit has an opening for a Supervisor with our Health Protection Department in our Smiths Falls Office. This position is a full time, permanent status, non-union position.
The Supervisor will provide support to the Director of Health Protection in the development, operational planning, implementation and evaluation of departmental programs and activities aimed at the reduction and prevention of health hazards, communicable disease, and the optimization of environmental health, food safety, infection and outbreak control, safe water, rabies control, tobacco enforcement, immerging environmental health issues as well as related health promotion and educational campaigns. Each of these programs includes enforcement, advocacy and research activities. The Supervisor will be required to ensure program efficiency, effectiveness and consistency within departmental and agency policies, procedures, plans and priorities.
Visit http://www.healthunit.org to learn more about us.
- Certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada)
- Candidates with B.A.A. (Environment Health) and/or equivalent combination of education and experience (ten years minimum)
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to mentor and motivate other
- Flexibility, initiative, good judgement, and attention to detail
- Ability to deal with multiple demands in a calm, professional and independent fashion
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Valid Ontario Driver's Licence required and proof will be required upon hire
- A car is required for this position
- Criminal record check
- Adult immunization and annual influenza immunization
- Previous supervisory experience will be an asset
Salary Range: $60,632 - $71,332, (Annual 1.0 FTE) Excellent Benefits
Apply by: Application letter with resume must be received by 4:30 p.m. on May 18, 2007
Director, Corporate Services,
Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
458 Laurier Blvd.
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 7A3
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with our agency; please note that we will only be contacting candidates selected for an interview.