Permanent Part-Time, 14 hours per week, potentially .5 FTE or 17.5 hrs in the future
The Four Villages Community Health Centre, located in the Bloor-Keele area of west Toronto, is a health centre funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. Our mandate is to promote increased access to health and wellness for our communities within the context of the broader determinants of health. Our wide range of programs as well as our clinical, general health and social services, are primarily aimed at seniors, families with young children and adolescents, and newcomers. Staff collaborate in an interdisciplinary team environment; the focus is on the client and capacity building. We are currently seeking an energetic Information Technology Coordinator who will become a member of our interdisciplinary team.
As the Information Technology Coordinator you will be responsible for the overall functioning of the IT system at Four Villages. You will act as the primary technical support for all staff. You will liaise with and supervise contractors who work for Four Villages as information technology, computer systems or network consultants. You will coordinate the maintenance and reliability of the IT systems and infrastructure. You will plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer assets and electronic data.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Ensures functionality and integrity of Four Villages' hardware and software systems;
- Develops, implements, and monitors management information systems (MIS) policies and controls to ensure accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance;
- Consults with management to analyze computer system needs for management information and IT functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to determine system capacity;
- Plans, coordinates and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer systems;
- Recommends and develops plans for systems development and operations, hardware and software purchases;
- Recommends contract terms with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for IT and products and supervises their work;
- Assists with budget preparation and monitors relevant budget and expenditures;
- Works during both regular and extended hours of operation in locations identified by Four Villages.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in related discipline or equivalent demonstrable IT experience;
- Three or more years experience in the Information Technology field, preferably in a health or not for profit setting;
- Experience with supervision of contractors and/or consultants
- Strong technical troubleshooting abilities;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience delivery training courses and using adult education methods;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, decision-making, problem-solving, conflict management and time management skills;
- Second language, relevant to catchment area populations, is an asset.
Hours of work: 14 hours a week, requirement to work flexible hours (may grow to 17.5 in the future)
Salary: Based on an annual salary range of $49,394 - 59,511, prorated to hours worked, plus payment in lieu of benefits
Closing date: June 15, 2007
Interested candidates should mail or fax a resume along with a cover letter to:
The Four Villages Community Health Centre
1700 Bloor Street West,
Toronto, ON M6P 4C3
Fax: (416) 604-3367
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Four Villages Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve.
Please note: We are also seeking a 0.7 FTE Data Management Coordinator (24.5 hours per week). If you meet the qualifications, you may apply for both positions. Please state your intention clearly in the cover letter.