CUPE Local 543.3
Grid Level 901-950
Reporting to the Manager of Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention, the Public Health Dietitian will be involved in the planning, implementation, and support of nutrition-related health promotion programs and activities as they pertain to the delivery of Chronic Disease Prevention and other relevant Standards of the most current version of the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines.
- Organize/assist in the development of community-based health promotion projects/events
- Provide support to community-based coalitions as appropriate
- Identify, review, revise and/or develop resources as required
- Collect and record statistical data as required
- Provide consultation and in-service to Health Unit staff as required
- Participate on and provide support to various Health Unit workgroups and committees
- Provide consultation to service providers, workplace personnel, health professionals, and other relevant community partners
- Work interactively with local media
- Write articles and columns for newspaper and other relevant publications
- Provide telephone or drop-in consultation to members of the public
- Provide presentations to service providers, multiplier groups, and other groups as required
- Perform other related activities as required.
- Evening and weekend work may be required
- Responsibilities require work throughout Windsor and Essex County
- A current Certificate of Registration from the College of Dietitians is required
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in a health promotion or community health field
- A valid Ontario Driver's License and access to a reliable motor vehicle is required
- The ability to communicate fluently in French would be an asset
- A working knowledge of behavior change theory, health promotion strategies, and population health would be a definite asset
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, organizational, and communication skills are required
- Proficiency in computer skills, including E-mail and Internet use
- A criminal clearance certificate must be provided at the applicant's cost
Successful candidates will be required to join the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 543.3.
Potential applicants with questions are invited to contact Mr. Neil MacKenzie, x 3101.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume before 4:30 p.m. on Friday June 1, 2007, to
Human Resource Officer
Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
1005 Ouellette Avenue
Windsor, ON N9A 4J8