The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit requires a Planning and Evaluation Consultant and a Health Information Specialist in the Brockville Office. These are full-time, permanent, non-union positions. Leeds, Grenville and Lanark is a picturesque area, between Ottawa and Kingston, and offers rural and small-town living within easy reach of world-class cities. Visit http://www.healthunit.org to learn more about us.
Planning and Evaluation Consultant Qualifications
- University Degree in social sciences or a health-related field is required. Masters Degree in Applied Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Promotion, Epidemiology or a related discipline is preferred.
- Experience in planning, conducting and reporting formative and summative program evaluations, including survey development, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and report writing.
- Knowledge and skills in applying evidence-based planning methods and developing program logic models
- Knowledge of research methods, public health issues and population health strategies.
- Excellence in oral and written communication. Experience facilitating groups is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational, and project management skills.
Health Information Specialist Qualifications
- Two-year College Diploma with post-graduate training in statistics or a related field or equivalent experience OR a University Degree, with an emphasis in disciplines such as biostatistics, mathematics, health sciences, business or marketing.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Access; intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of database design, relational databases and management of information systems
- Skills in statistical software packages is essential e.g. SPSS or SAS
- Intermediate knowledge of survey design and research methods
- Skills in the collection, management, analysis and interpretation of data
- Knowledge of Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care databases would be considered an asset
Essential for both positions is the ability to consult, work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team. Flexibility, initiative, good judgment, tact, diplomacy and confidentiality required. Valid Ontario Driver's Licence and criminal record check are required upon hire.
A Letter of Application, stating the position of interest, and a resume must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 12, 2007. Position descriptions will be made available to applicants upon request.
Send applications to
Director, Corporate Services
Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
458 Laurier Boulevard
Brockville, ON K6V 7A3