Health Services Department, Public Health Branch
Salary $37.24-$40.47 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, Nutrition Services, the Public Health Nutritionist will take the lead for project management of chronic disease prevention programs for adults by planning, developing, implementing, co-ordinating, promoting and evaluating programs and services to achieve the standards and requirements of the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines.
- Masters degree in Community Nutrition or a related nutrition field.
- Baccalaureate of Science degree in Food and Nutrition from an accredited university.
- Member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Three years experience in community or public health nutrition.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the nutrition field, its principles, practices, and strategies.
- Leadership skills to lead in a program area and strong advocacy skills.
This is a CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit) position, located at 22 Prospect St., Newmarket, ON. Please forward your resume and covering letter quoting competition OHPE#7148 by 4:30 pm on June 8, 2007, to
The Regional Municipality of York
Human Resource Services Branch
17250 Yonge Street
Newmarket, ON L3Y 6Z1
Fax: (905) 895-4232
For additional information on York Region, please visit our website at http://www.york.ca.