Research, Evaluation and Planning Team
We are pleased to confirm funding for this position through the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
Family Service Association of Toronto is a multi-service agency in Toronto assisting families and individuals through counselling, community development, advocacy, and public education programs. Some of the issues we address include violence in relationships, families struggling with divorce, seniors and their caregivers, people with intellectual disabilities, immigrant families, and the gay and lesbian community. FSA is committed to evaluating the impact of its work with clients and the community. The organization is therefore involved in a number of research and evaluation endeavours. The successful candidate will work as a Research Assistant on a number of these research and evaluation endeavours.
- Research best practices in relation to specific aspects of FSA's work via literature review, internet searches and contacts with other leading organizations.
- Prepare written summaries of the literature reviewed.
- Update a paper describing the current state of research and evaluation practices within the agency.
- Assist with preparations for accreditation (e.g. review of policies and practices).
- Recommend revisions to policies and practices or assist in developing new policies or practices, if needed.
- Assist with data analysis using Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) and Microsoft Office.
- Assist with special projects and additional tasks as required.
- Psychology or Social Work or related Master's or undergraduate program in progress
- Excellent research skills and experience (Internet, library, on-line journals, and other sources)
- Well-developed writing skills and ability to effectively summarize journal articles
- Familiarity with program evaluation and program logic models is an asset
- Strong computers skills including Word, Excel, and SPSS
- Accurate keyboarding and proof-reading skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, time management, and prioritizing skills
- Must be a self starter, able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
Salary: $13.22 per Hour
Contract Duration: June to August
Location: 355 Church Street
Hours per Week: 35 hours
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for this Canada Summer Jobs position, applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter of application and resume, quoting File #SUM26/ 07, to
Human Resource Services
355 Church Street
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1Z8
Fax (416) 595-2895
Deadline to Apply: No later than June 6, 2007
FSA Welcomes Diversity and Is Committed to a Policy of Anti-Oppression