College Park Seventh-day Adventist Church, as Lead Agency, is seeking a self-motivated Project Coordinator, to achieve deliverables for a specific project "to reduce child poverty and promote attachment to the workforce" within the Durham Region. Funded by the Regional Municipality of Durham, the project requires the incorporation and continued operation of a not-for-profit organization; the enhancement of current food resources to the Region; the improved communication and information exchange amongst Durham emergency food providers; and the mobilization of volunteer network of practicum University/College students.
You will bring to this position:
- a working knowledge and understanding around the incorporation of a not-for-profit organization;
- a proven ability to write proposals for sizable grants;
- the interpersonal and problem solving skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders;
- a knowledge of programs and services available to assist Durham individuals in need of food, employment, and housing;
- a knowledge of emergency food programming and Volunteer Management;
- and an understanding of web site management and functionality.
Should you believe you are
- self-disciplined and can work effectively under general directives;
- strategic and project-management inclined;
- conceptual and strong researcher;
- proficient in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet;
- effective leader of volunteers;
- have what it takes to achieve the above deliverables and wish to apply for this unique opportunity,
please submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, based on a 40-hour week, to
Chair, Project Coordinator Search Committee
College Park Seventh-day Adventist Church
1164 King Street East
Oshawa, ON L1H 1H9
Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com with "Project Coordinator" in the subject line (please attach the cover letter and resume as one document), or be sent by fax to (905) 426-8335. Submission deadline for applications is July 13, 2007 at 6:00pm.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and performance. All applications will be treated in confidence. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please
This is a 12-month contract, with opportunities for renewal/extension. Occasionally, the nature of the work may require some work at home and evenings, along with some travel within the Region.