Posting Notice Revised
Position Classification: Casual
Service: Healthy Living
Program: Chronic Disease Prevention--Healthy Lifestyle
Effective: Immediately to December 31, 2008
Salary: $31.81-$35.62 per hour
The Good For Life Project Coordinator provides leadership and consultation in designing, implementing and evaluating specially-funded health promotion projects within mandated project parameters. This involves collaborating closely with health unit staff; partner groups, community agencies and the community, and involves supporting and encouraging the integration of healthy lifestyle programs and initiatives. Responsibilities include providing consultation and support to partners regarding health promotion theories, research, and best practices, comprehensive programming such as community mobilization, social marketing, advocating for healthy public policy and environmental supports, and developing communication campaigns. Regular contact and reporting to the Ministry of Health Promotion for collaboration and problem solving on the direction of the project is required.
- Provide project support and leadership, and collaborate closely with health unit staff, partner groups, community agencies and community members, municipal and provincial governments to support and encourage development and integration and sustainability of programs and initiatives within assigned geographic area.
- Monitors, analyzes and interprets information including health status data, community needs assessment, and current research data to support project planning, implementation and evaluation in assigned area
- Initiates and develops community involvement in planning, implementing and evaluating project, including professional development, support and coordination of involvement of community volunteers
- Networks with communities to ensure the project builds on existing community strengths and opportunities
- Provides expertise in planning, implementing and evaluating health promotion strategies in the project focus
- Collaborates with key decision makers locally, provincially and federally to advocate for healthy public policy
- Works with community partners to select, and develop information, materials and resources for stakeholders based on evidence and better practice information to ensure maximum results
- Takes a lead role in development and implementation of project evaluations and disseminates results as appropriate
- Develop annual project plan and budget with community partners for Ministry of Health Promotion approval, including administering and monitoring budget and reporting.
- Develops, administers, monitors budget as per project plan
- Prepares narrative project status reports for review by Manager and submission to the Ministry of Health Promotion
- Contribute to achievement of Agency goals through collaboration and program teams on shared mandate opportunities
- Contribute to team and agency effectiveness
Demonstrated Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced project/program planning skills, including design, implementation, evaluation, budget preparation and monitoring
- Advanced oral and interpersonal communications skills including facilitation & presentation skills
- Advanced written communication skills e.g. development of program/promotional materials, presentations, communication campaigns
- Intermediate knowledge of health promotion theories and concepts (including social marketing, behaviour change theory, creating healthy public policy)
- Intermediate knowledge of community projects and coalition approaches i.e. community development & mobilization
- Intermediate ability to critically assess research for relevance and application to program planning
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Basic knowledge of content area focus of project (i.e. healthy lifestyle focus, physical activity/nutrition, alcohol & other drugs, injury prevention)
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle or the ability to travel in a timely and efficient manner to locations within and outside the health unit district
- Baccalaureate Degree (4 year) in Health Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Health Promotion or other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in community based program.
Forward resume and cover letter to Human Resources at [email protected], referencing posting number.
Deadline: 12:00 noon, Thursday, August 2, 2007