We have an opening available for a full-time Youth Advisor in the Community Health Department starting September 4, 2007. The Youth Advisor develops and maintains a Youth Action Alliance in partnership with Perth County youth to build capacity for youth leadership in decision making, problem solving and engaging youth in community tobacco projects.
This position will be routinely scheduled to work evenings and weekends and is dependent upon project funding.
- College diploma in recreation and leisure services or related field
- demonstrated skills in youth program planning and evaluation; community development; oral and written communication and basic computer applications
- proven ability to work collaboratively with youth
- valid Ontario Driver's License and access to a vehicle suitable for carrying out duties on behalf of the employer
- annual influenza immunization unless medically contraindicated.
Apply in writing by August 9, 2007, giving full resume of experience and qualifications to
Director of Community Health
Perth District Health Unit
653 West Gore Street
Stratford, Ontario N5A 1L4
Fax: (519) 271-2195