Expand Your Health Promotion Toolkit for Any Health Issue
These introductory-level half-day workshops cover the basics of THCU's recommended step models. In each workshop,
- we begin with an overview of key concepts and terms,
- then briefly address the ‘why' and ‘how' of each step,
- then bring the most challenging steps to life through interactive exercises and small group discussions,
- then discuss "on the job" challenges identified by participants, and to close,
- identify quality sources of more information, tools and personalized consultation services.
We recommend these sessions for
- Anyone new to health promotion seeking definitions, tools, resources and organized approaches to practice.
- Front line staff that need to choose, plan, implement and evaluate programs and services.
- Managers or team leaders who train or advise staff about theory and evidence-informed processes.
Participants may enroll in one, some, or all of the following half-day sessions:
1. Planning Health Promotion Programs
2. Evaluating Health Promotion Programs
3. Influencing Policy Change and Development
4. Developing Health Communication Activities
Additional events will be offered in
- January 29th and 30th, 2008, in Chatham, Ontario
- March 5th and 6th, 2008, in Kingston, Ontario
Thanks to a grant from the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion, we are able to offer all THCU workshops and services for free to people working with Ontario-focused health promotion initiatives.
To register for the October workshops, please visit http://www.thcu.ca/workshops/registration.htm. Don't wait! Limited spaces are available.
Jodi Thesenvitz and Larry Hershfield from The Health Communication Unit will be facilitating the October 24th & 25th session.