The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of rural/urban blend of urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents. Peel Region is the first government in Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Canada Awards for Excellence.
If you are a forward-thinking individual striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider this attractive contract full-time opportunity within the Family Health Division in Peel Health.
Dietitian, Public Health (File #07-266)
Contract: approximately thirteen (13) months
As a key member of the Family Health team, you will provide input into the planning and implementation of a variety of initiatives to meet the Family Health Standards of the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines. Specifically, you will provide nutrition information and support to the teams in Family Health including Public Health Nurses and Family Visitors and support programs and strategies that prevent childhood obesity and promote healthy eating for children 6 and under. You will participate in the development and review of key nutrition, feeding, physical activity and body image resources for parents and professionals. You will participate in developing position statements pertaining to nutrition that Peel Health distributes to the community. You will provide counseling to parents of young children with questions about feeding and nutrition when necessary.
If you possess:
- a Bachelor of Science Degree specializing in food and nutrition or equivalent
- completion of an accredited dietetic internship
- current general registration in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- minimum 1 year experience in community or public health nutrition, with a focus on children 0-6years
- excellent communications (both verbal and written) and organizational skills
- exceptional customer service orientation necessary to deal with a diverse client base
- computer skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- knowledge of the services available in the Region of Peel (asset)
- demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- knowledge of health promotion strategies and theories,
we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- a salary range $53,535-$66,920
- a comprehensive benefit package
- a high tech environment
- training and development
- a healthy workplace
- a family orientated environment and
- a workplace where your feedback is important to us.
To pursue this contract opportunity, please apply online at http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs. Select Current Job Listings and Dietitian, Public Health (File # 07-266). The position is located in Brampton and it closes on August 15, 2007.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.