Full time, immediately available
The Canadian Index of Wellbeing Project (CIW), housed at the Atkinson Charitable Foundation, seeks an experienced individual with strong administrative skills for an exciting national project on health and wellbeing. The CIW's goal is to develop a wellbeing index or accounting tool featuring indicators that will report and measure progress on the economic, social, health and environmental conditions of Canadians. If you are a person who has the qualifications listed below, this is a unique job opportunity for you.
- 5 years administrative experience;
- computer literacy skills including Excel and Power Point;
- excellent organizational skills;
- good interpersonal skills and the demonstrated capacity to work in a small office setting with a busy team;
- proactive problem solving and research skills and;
- interest and motivation to learn new information efficiently.
- word processing minutes, agendas and other documents;
- scheduling committee meetings;
- distribution of project materials by mail and e-mail;
- organization of meetings and public events in tandem with other team members;
- preparation of fund development and communications materials;
- fund development and public policy research as required;
- maintenance of the project's filing system in good working order;
- maintenance, development and basic design of the CIW's website and list serve in tandem with technical team members;
This is a one-year contract position with a possibility of extension; employment arrangements are flexible and negotiable. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please send a letter of interest and resume by e-mail to Lynne Slotek at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (416) 865-3619 by August 15, 2007.
We are an organization that embraces diversity in our work and our hiring practices.