One Year Half-time Contract Position
The successful candidate for this new contract position will play a key secretariat role in supporting the work and planning of the PHRED Operations Committee and in ensuring coordination and collaboration across Ontario's five PHRED sites. The position will have dedicated support staff and will work closely with PHRED Directors and ministry staff. Location to be determined based on the successful candidate. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Candidates should have
- A Masters degree in a relevant field, with training in both research and administration.
- A minimum of three years of public health and applied research experience.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction, and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet short deadlines.
- Competency in at least one data analysis package, previous work experience in an academic or public sector organization and the ability to communicate in French will be considered assets.
Please apply by September 28, 2007, to
Acting Unit Manager, Education and Research Unit
Ottawa Public Health
100 Constellation Cr. Ottawa, ON K2G 6J8
For further information about this exciting opportunity please visit http://www.phred-redsp.on.ca or contact Katharine Robertson-Palmer at
Katharine.Robertson-Palmer@ottawa.ca or (613) 580-6744 x13200.
Located in health units in Hamilton, Kingston, London, Ottawa and Sudbury, the goals of the PHRED Program are to
- provide evidence to support effective and efficient public health practice and improve accountability in public health practice
- increase capacity within the public health system by providing leadership in the education of future public health professionals
- provide leadership in research and education through strategic partnerships
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.