Contract starting ASAP to March 31st, 2008
This is a project of the Toronto Community Planning Initiative Education and Training Working Group and the Committee for Accessible AIDS Treatment, a network of frontline health and HIV/AIDS service providers and people with HIV/AIDS working to improve service access and coordination for PHAs.
Project aims are to develop a comprehensive resource listing of available training and capacity building initiatives for PHAs; to organize a one day think tank on PHA capacity building to facilitate sharing of best practices, improved coordination and collaborative planning of PHA training programs; to prepare a final report and to organize dissemination and follow up activities from the think tank.
Remuneration: $10,000 for entire contract based on deliverables
Period: October 1st , 2007 to end of March 2008
Required skills and experience
- Knowledge and experiences of HIV/AIDS sector in Ontario
- Bachelor degree in social or health sciences or equivalent
- Demonstrated experiences in project management and event coordination
- Demonstrated experience in social marketing, popular and public education
- Experience in community based research
- Demonstrated success in report writing
- Experience with finance administration
- Demonstrated success in working with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and be accountable to team process
- Excellent verbal, written and computer communication skllls
- Lived experiences with HIV an asset
- Working under the guidance of the project working group, the project coordinator will be housed at the Ontario HIV Treatment Network and will be responsible to:
- Conduct research to identify and compile resource listing on training and capacity building activities and programs available in Ontario for PHAs
- Coordinate all aspects of a one day think tank for multi-sector stakeholders on PHA capacity building including agenda planning, outreach and invitation and all logistic arrangements.
- Prepare think tank report and coordinate its dissemination to stakeholders.
- Maintain all administrative and financial records for project
- Coordinate and maintain minutes of all project advisory/working group meetings
- Preparing reports to funders
Interested candidates should submit their application by email to Dr. Alan Li at [email protected] by 12 noon, September 21st, 2007.
People with HIV/AIDS are especially encouraged to apply.