CUPE Local 543.3 (Grid Level 901-950-800)
or ONA Local 08
Up to 1 year
Reporting to the Manager of Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention, the Health Promotion Specialist will work within a multi-disciplinary team, utilizing a research-based population health framework. The position will have a key role in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of Chronic Disease Prevention and Substance Misuse and Prevention programs as outlined in the Ontario Public Health Standards (2007). The position involves working inter-departmentally as well as with human service professionals, community groups, and coalitions.
Key areas of responsibility include supporting the development, implementation, and monitoring of comprehensive health promotion programs in the community, health, and workplace sectors. The position requires hands-on involvement with partners in all of these sectors in order to ensure that efficient and effective health promotion programs and strategies are in place. Review of relevant literature and existing health promotion programs and strategies will be required in order to identify and recommend best practices for specific program areas. A commitment to continuous quality improvement of the program is essential.
The position requires:
- A minimum of a Masters Degree in health promotion or a related field
- At least one year's experience working in the area of health promotion
- A strong background in research, program evaluation, policy development, social marketing, and behavioural change
- Superior communication, problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional computer software applications
- A valid Ontario Drivers Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- Police Clearance
- Competence in both official languages
- A PhD in health promotion or a related field
Successful candidates who are registered nurses will be required to join the Ontario Nurses' Association, Local 08. All other successful candidates will be required to join the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 543.3. An interview process will be conducted.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward a résumé to the Human Resource Officer, 1005 Ouellette Avenue, Windsor, Ontario, N9A 4J8, or e-mail: email@example.com before 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 5, 2007. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.