1:30 and 3:30 p.m.
Presented by The Health Communication Unit
These introductory-level, two-hour web conferences cover the basics of The Health Communication Unit's (THCU) recommended step models.
In each web conference,
* we begin with a discussion about the brief, pre-assigned participant preparation task;
* provide an overview of key concepts and terms;
* then briefly address the ‘why' and ‘how' of each step; and to close,
* identify quality sources of more information, tools and personalized consultation services.
We recommend these sessions for
* Those new to health promotion seeking definitions, tools, resources and organized approaches to practice.
* Front line staff who need to choose, plan, implement and evaluate health promotion programs and services.
* Managers or team leaders looking for tools and models to train or advise staff about theory and evidence-informed processes.
Registration for these workshops is now available. Don't wait! Limited spaces are available. You may enroll in one, some, or all of the following sessions:
- Developing Health Communication Campaigns: November 9, 2007
- Evaluating Health Promotion Programs: November 14, 2007
- Planning Health Promotion Programs: November 28, 2007
- Influencing Policy Change and Development: December 4, 2007
Thanks to funding from the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion, we are able to offer all THCU workshops and services at no charge to people working with Ontario health promotion initiatives.
Note: Due to funding restrictions, we must place students who are not currently working in a health promotion role within an Ontario organization on a waiting list. Waiting list registrants will be notified close to the date of the event if space becomes available. If you have a question about your eligibility for this workshop, please contact us at [email protected] or (416) 78-0522.
For more information, visit http://www.thcu.ca/workshops/at_a_glance_series.htm.