We are pleased to offer the following webinars designed to meet the needs of those working in school health promotion. These 60-minute, highly focused sessions are as convenient as a conference call, but they also include web support that enables participants to see the slide presentations on their computers as they participate by telephone.
- October 23, 11:00 a.m.-12 Noon PT, Body Image and the Prevention of Disordered Eating: Findings from School-based Research, Dr. Gail McVey - Hospital for Sick Children,
- October 24, 11:00 am - 12 Noon PT, The Internet: The New Cultural Revolution (e.g. Cyber Bullying), Dr. Tanya Beran - University of Calgary
- November 8, 11:00 a.m.-12 Noon PT, Whole School Physical Activity Promotion Programs, Doug Gleddie - Ever Active Schools, Jennifer Fenton - Action Schools! BC
- November 15, 11:00 a.m.-12 Noon PT, Paediatric Obesity: Getting Beyond Recognition, Dr. Trent Smith - Canadian Paediatric Society's Health Active Living Committee
- November 27, 10:00 a.m.-11:00 am PT, School Food Policies - What's Working From a School's Perspective? Dr. Mary McKenna - University of New Brunswick
- November 29, 9:00 a.m. PT, Smoke Free Schools: Assisting Schools in Policy Implementation, Dave McWillian - Kingston, Frontenac and Lennox and Addinton Health Unit
- November 20 or 22 (TBC), Youth Engagement in School Health: How's It Done? Christine Preece - Lambton County Student Wellness Council
Each webinar includes practitioners and practical examples as well as the research and background information. All webinars are supported with pre- and post-reading and include a question and answer period as well as follow-up email and access to a web-based toolbox of resources. Webinars are digitally recorded and can be accessed at any time through our web site for review and recall of the discussions.
To more information or to register for these webinars please go to http://www.safehealthyschools.org/webinars/introduction.htm.
For non-members of the Canadian School Health Knowledge Network, there is a small fee of $25 per webinar. Or, by joining the Network, the members of your organization can access over 40 webinars over the next several months.