Seeking Director for major Environment-Economy initiative Sustainable Prosperity is an exciting new policy change and research initiative aimed at transforming Canada to greener, healthier economy, by making markets work for the environment. Coordinated out of the University of Ottawa, and directed by some of Canada's top economic, environmental, research and business leaders, Sustainable Prosperity is seeking a dynamic, experienced Director to lead the organization.
The ideal candidate will possess
- A firm belief that a healthy environment and healthy economy can and must go hand in hand, and a passion for making this happen though policy reform;
- Experience in running a campaign, or an organization in a time of proactive change;
- An understanding of how policy change happens inside government, and how to influence such change from outside government;
- Experience and skill working cooperatively and building alliances with governments, corporations, academics, and environmental groups;
- A solid grasp of environmental economics (need not have formal training);
- Experience in managing a staff, contractors and a budget of over $1 million;
- Experience and comfort with fundraising;
- An ability to coordinate and mobilize a range of partners toward a common goal;
- Fluency in French and English would be an asset.
This is a full time position. Salary is competitive with the public sector, and commensurate with experience.
Work location is negotiable, although an ability to spend significant time in Ottawa, and to travel, are assets.
Please send you c.v. and cover letter by November 6 to Stewart Elgie, Chair, at [email protected].
[Source: SDOH list, https://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/sdoh.html]